My template

Monday, August 25, 2008

Follow-up appointment with the doctor

I went to the doctor today for my check-up after giving birth. It was really hard for me in the waiting room with all those pregnant women. I just grabbed a magazine and buried my head in it.

I had lost almost 20 pounds since my first appointment in May. I know it's because I haven't been able to eat as much as I used to. I get hungry but fill up about halfway through. I hope to keep it up because I want to lose even more weight.

My uterus is back to its regular size. I talked to her about my problems sleeping, and she gave me a prescription for Ambien. I'm not supposed to take it every night, but I really need it. It takes me forever to get to sleep and then I wake up several times during the night. I hope the Ambien helps.

We also talked about trying again. She wants us to wait two to three months before we try to give me a chance to heal, both emotionally and physically. We are supposed to use birth control until then. I had to giggle a little when Brian and I were in Wal-Mart this afternoon trying to decide on a type of birth control. We both hate condoms, and I can't take the pill because it makes me gain weight. That won't work while I'm trying to lose. The thing is, being intimate is really the last thing on my mind right now. I hope as I go farther through my guilt, it will come back.

Anyway, we have decided not to try for the next two months and try to prevent it. The third month, we will try on our own. If/when that doesn't work, we will try Clomid. I hope it works quickly. I'm scared we won't be able to get pregnant again. She also said I would be considered high risk, and we would have special testing in the first trimester to see if there is a problem. It is called the PPAP test and the Nuchal fold test. If there seemed to be a problem with that, we would do a CVS, which would let us know without a doubt if there is a problem. I just hope nothing goes wrong when it happens.

Because my editor called today asking me to come in this week, I'm going to work two days this week and go back full-time the next. I'm not really sure I'm ready, but I'm going to give it a try.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think going back to work is a good thing. Even though you are not ready yet, going back to some sort of normalcy usually would help with the whole healing process.
It's wise to wait a little before trying again because your body does need a time to heal.
In the mean time, eat right, sleep well, and exercise! Keeping your body in good shape is going to increase the chances of conceiving!
:)