My template

Sunday, September 7, 2008

To help those with no choices

I've wanted to start a Web site support group for women who wanted to end their pregnancy early but couldn't for one reason or another. I wasn't really sure how to go about it, but I think I've found my solution.

The new www.babycenter.com allows anyone to create a board for whatever they want. That takes care of my hosting issues. I've also found someone who is willing to help me with it, as co-owner. She was in my situation, too, except her baby had Triploidy.

I've posted a message on the termination for medical reasons board looking for lurkers who might be in that situation. I'm hoping to get some responses from them. I'm also thinking of posting on the poor prenatal diagnosis boards, too.

I think this board could be for women who can't terminate due to state law, the inability to travel, financial reasons or because they are afraid of someone judging them. I don't want anyone to feel alone who hasn't been able to end a pregnancy with a poor prenatal diagnosis.

The time after a diagnosis is so painful and full of fear, and no one should feel alone while going through it. If you are reading this and would be interested, please leave me a message.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I am so proud of you and how you have been so proactive after Jenna's death. Sometimes the best thing we can do is reach out and help those who are walking where we have been. I hope that b/c of Jenna, other mom's that are faced with that gut wrenching decision find a supportive place to go and don't have to feel so alone.
Kara