My template

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So frustrated

Today is six weeks since Jenna was born, and I still haven't had a period. We have to wait two to three cycles before we can try again, and if I don't have a period, I can't get to that point.

I want to be pregnant again by my due date. I know another baby will not bring Jenna back or replace her, but I want to do something to fill these arms that feel so empty.

I'm doing everything right, too. One of things to help those with PCOS is to lose weight. Today, I weighed and I'm halfway to my first goal. I've lost 33 pounds. I'm taking 1000 milligrams of Metformin twice a day. I've started taking my prenatal vitamins, and I've started taking extra folic acid.

I'm exercising every day, but not over-exercising. I know that over-exercising can keep you from having a period, but that isn't the case here. I know normal is anything between four and eight weeks, but I'm just so ready for it to get here.

Not only that, I have been feeling like I was going to start my period for the last two weeks. I get that crampy, headachey feeling, just like it always was, but nothing.

After I have my period, I'm going to start taking my temperature again, even though we will not be trying then. I just want to get used to doing it again. I won't use my fertility monitor, though. I will wait until the next cycle for that. When I don't get pregnant that cycle, I'll call the doctor and have her give me a prescription for Clomid.

I know it sounds strange to wish for your period to arrive, but I really do.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I know exactly what you mean. Mine started about 6 1/2 weeks after delivery, if it helps you to know that. It's just so frustrating when your body doesn't do what you want it to do. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. Hang in there. I know how you feel about waiting and wanting to see some signs of being ready to conceive again. I just got my period yesterday and we are only a day apart in our deliveries.