My template

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Making a decision

For the past few months, Brian and I have been talking about me going back to school to receive my teaching credentials. I still want to go back to school, but I have changed my mind about what I want to do.

I lack two semesters having my degree in psychology. I was good at it and wanted to be a therapist, but I didn't want to have to go to graduate school in order to find a job. That's why I chose journalism.

Now, I think I want to go back and finish and then get my master's degree. It probably won't take any longer than it would to get my teaching credentials, because I would have to have several different classes before I can get into the program at Motlow, our two year college which has contracted with Tennessee Tech to provide the teaching program.

I want to counsel women who have lost a child at any stage. I think Jenna is telling me this is what I need to do. Even my counselor said I would make a good therapist.

However, there is a problem. I hate Middle Tennessee State University, where I would have to go to finish my degree. It's an awful place, and I hated every minute that I went there. I have decided I'm going to check out online colleges to see if I can get my degree there. I'm actually excited about going back to school.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Life is so short, so I say "go for it, sister!"

I also wanted to say congrats on all your success with your weight loss...keep up the good work!

Jen