My template

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Biting my nails

I have really gotten into the election this year, mainly because of the abortion issue and what I went through this summer and also to take my mind off my pain.

Now, tonight, I'm sitting here biting my nails as I watch the television news about the election results. Obama is leading in the results as this moment, but the night is not over yet. I would love to say that I think he will win, but I don't want to jinx myself.

Four years ago, when I was watching the results, I listened to Barack Obama speak, and I thought to myself, once again, that he should become president someday. I heard him the first time at the Democrat National Convention. As much as I was in tears over Bush winning, I was super excited that Obama might run and win one day in the future.

I did not believe it would be this soon, but I am so glad it is. I'm staying up to see who wins, and I'm hoping to be celebrating.

No comments: