My template

Monday, July 7, 2008

Doctor's appointment today

I'm almost 16 weeks, and this is only my second "real" appointment. I feel like I'm not going as much as I did with Tessa, but when I look back at my records, I know I am.

I'll probably be weighed today, and I don't really care how much I've gained. I'm trying not to stress about it. I had lost 25 pounds before I got pregnant, and I'm eating a lot healthier now than I was before. I'm not dieting but just lots of fruits, vegetables, and whole wheats. I hadn't even gained a pound at my last appointment. I've heard women with PCOS tend to lose weight when their pregnant. If I do that, I might be down even farther than I was before I got pregnant, so then I'll be closer to my goal of losing over 100 pounds after the baby gets here.

I'm also going to ask about my glucose test at this appointment. I know they don't usually do them until you are farther along, but I just found out that women with PCOS and insulin resistance are at a higher risk of gestational diabetes. I just really hope I don't have it. Even though I am eating healthier, I do love a glass of sweet tea every once in a while, and I also love my bread. I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners, too. They make me gag, literally. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it when it comes.

We'll also get to hear the heartbeat again, and we'll make an appointment for our big ultrasound. I can't wait for that.

No comments: