My template

Monday, July 27, 2009

Well, I'm doing it

After much deliberation, I have decided I will start school at MTSU this fall if we can get my student loans in order. Thanks to a blog reader, I found out about the school's online psychology program, so I can actually do it even though I'm pregnant.

I was looking over the course list, and I believe I have a lot of the basics already out of the way. The online schools said I should only have to go a semester or two, but I've had trouble believing that. I've been thinking it might be like three or four, but if I can take a heavy courseload, I might be able to finish sooner. I'll find out more when I talk to an advisor.

This is just one step closer to reaching my goal of helping out other women who have experienced a poor prenatal diagnosis or a pregnancy loss. I also hope to help out those who are experience postpartum depression, especially after the recent disturbing news that was released yesterday about a mother in Texas.

I am super excited and really hope everything goes through with my student loans. Wish me luck with that.

2 comments:

Mirna said...

I wish you the best of luck! If I can do it, anyone can! lol! (I have been an Insurance Broker all my life and studied Hairdressing - what a career change! Finished my studies Sept 2008 and when the time is right I am going to study something else...Hairdressing is only a hobby for now. LOL
Hugs to you

Jen said...

Good for you and Good luck :)

I let out a hugh sigh of relief to know you're not a vols fan :) I really plan on Cooper being the starting quarterback at UGA in about 18 years, so it would be really awkward at family reunions if you went the other way...