My template

Friday, April 18, 2008

Second beta results in

I went yesterday to have my second beta test done. This test measures the HcG or pregnancy hormone. It is supposed to double every 48 hours.

I went in yesterday morning, and the lady recognized me. However, it took her forever to find me in the computer, again. This was the third time they had had trouble finding me, first, when I went for my seven days past ovulation progesterone test, second for my first beta, and third for the last one. I guess it's because Dr. LaRoche is in a different town.

Anyway, she stuck me, and I now have three little holes in my arm from all of those blood tests. That's ok though, but my arm was sore all day yesterday. I hate it when that happens.

So, I nervously waited all day yesterday and called this morning. The receptionist at Dr. LaRoche's office said she hadn't come in yet, and Sam, the nurse, wouldn't be able to call me with the results until Dr. LaRoche signed off on them.

I was so afraid she wouldn't call me today, and I would have to worry all weekend, but around noon, Sam called me back and told me my results. It had gone from 27 on Tuesday to 84 on Thursday, so they had more than doubled. My progesterone is also rising steadily, which is a good thing.

I am now released to be able to go to the doctor who will deliver the baby. I wished Dr. LaRoche still delivered, but she stopped because she wanted to spend more time with her family. I can completely understand that.

I think I'm going to go to Dr. McGowen as my doctor, although any of them may wind up delivering me. I just hope it isn't Dr. Jones again.

No comments: