My template

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Six weeks, one day

I didn't get to write yesterday, but I was officially six weeks pregnant yesterday. Six down, 34 to go, which feels like forever.

The baby' s heart has started beating. I'm thinking of ordering one of those heartbeat machines so I can listen whenever I want. The baby is now an embryo and is 1/17th of an inch long.

s/he is growing rapidly right now. The umbilical cord is forming, as are the buds for the arms and legs. The eyes and ears and an opening for the mouth has also formed. The heart is pumping blood, and most of the other organs are well under construction.

This is the week morning sickness should hit, but the truth is, I haven't felt queasy except when I don't eat every few hours. If my stomach becomes empty, I start to feel a little sick, but it goes away when I eat.

I'll tell you, though, I don't think I've ever been this tired in my life. It doesn't help that I can't nap like I did when I was pregnant with "T." Hopefully, the tiredness will go away like it did with her, and I won't start praying to the porcelain god.

Don't forget to click the little ad. Every little bit helps.

No comments: