My template

Sunday, May 4, 2008

I saw God today

George Strait has a new song out called "I Saw God Today." It is all about seeing God in the small things, such as a flower coming up through the concrete sidewalk, a sunset, the glowing face of a pregnant woman or a new baby.

I used to be very devout. I attended church every Sunday and even taught Sunday School for a while. However, over the course of the last few years, my faith has wavered, and I have lost a lot of my beliefs.

I can't say that I believe wholeheartedly in the Bible, because so much of it is translated. We can never be sure if it is truly God's word or not. I do believe, though, that there is a higher power. I've spent a long time being mad at him because of many things. The latest is the way Granny suffered and her death.

However, in the last few weeks, I've gotten over a lot of the anger. Maybe it's the fact that I'm pregnant again, and I can't not believe that God didn't have a hand in it. Whenever I see the flowers growing, a rainbow or a new baby, I know he's there. I know he had a hand in it.

I can't say that I'm ready to go back to church or that I'm ready to start reading and believing the Bible. But, maybe if start looking for Him, I'll find him more and more often.

No comments: