My template

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Five years ago

Five years ago tonight, I was on my way to the hospital in labor with "T." It was a horrrible expierence with a good ending. When they placed her in my arms, I sang "You Are My Sunshine" to her. It's still our song.



I loved her so much when she was born, but I never realized how much I would grow to love her. I love her more today than I did when they placed her in my arms. Not only that, I like her, too.



Sure, she can be whiny and fussy and pitch fits just like any other four, almost five, year old. She's very stubborn, and she wants what she wants. But, she's funny and sweet and smart. I enjoy spending time with her and talking to her.



I used to hate it when people said they grow up so fast, but they were telling the truth. Now, I get to experience it all over again, and while I'm nervous about the process, I can't wait either.

No comments: