My template

Friday, August 28, 2009

Updates

This has been a busy week for me between my three hour diabetes test and getting ready for my my first day of school.

The three hour test went Ok. My veins rolled every single time they stuck me, but I could have told them that. I hadn't anything to drink since 11 p.m., the night before, and when that happens, my veins are even harder to find than normal. Plus, the tape they put on the cotton balls to stop the bleeding made my arms raw. I think next time I have blood taken, I'm going to ask them to use a different kind of tape.

But, on the good side, I passed the three hour test. I don't have gestational diabetes. That is such a relief to me. I would really miss my pink lemonade every night, because I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners. If I had it, I would only be drinking water and nothing else.

Tomorrow is the first day for two of my classes. Well, the truth is, since it's online, it's the first day I can actually access those classes. The other three can be accessed on Monday. I'm most looking forward to Developmental Psychology, which covers the lifespan; Psychology of Personality, which is just what it sounds like; and astronomy, which is the study of space. My other two are seminars on careers in psychology (which is just a pass/fail course but I have to have it for my major) and History from 1877 to the present. I love history, so I know I'll enjoy it, but I'm not as excited about it as I am the others.

We went Thursday to buy my books. I was surprised at the cost. I had done the shopping online to get an estimate on how much it would be, but I decided to just go to the actual bookstore to save on the shipping. It was nearly $100 less than what we would have paid online. I don't really understand why, as shipping wasn't that much. Oh well, I've got the right books for the classes I'm taking, so I'm not going to complain at all.

I am so excited. I can't wait to get started and get myself one step closer to helping other women who are going through what I did and what others in deadbabyland have gone through.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The start of a new semester is always fun. Mine started this week! Good luck!

Jen said...

Good luck with your classes starting~ you're amazing taking all this on with a new baby on the way...heck, all I want to do is nap :)

Amy, queen of the world. said...

I'm a lurker, but I like reading your blog. :) I just wanted to say that when I was pregnant with my first son and had to go to the lab so many times, I asked them for paper tape... and they charged me like 10 bucks for it!!! For a STRIP of paper tape. Luckily, the lab I go to this pregnancy automatically uses paper tape, so I don't even have to ask! :)

Basha's Mama said...

Good luck this week. Shoot me an email if you having any problems accessing the classes. Everything should be available starting tomorrow but sometimes they have delays.
-Judy

Unknown said...

yay to passing the 3 hour test!
good luck with yoru studies! you are one amazing lady!

Violet said...

I took developmental psych. and psych. of personality recently too. I will be done with my BA in psych. in about 6 to 8 months. They are both fascinating classes and I'm sure you will and are enjoying them!