My template

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Student loans

I am completely registered for college now, thank so much to a blog reader. I hope she's reading this because she was a huge, huge help to me, and I appreciate it so much.

Now, I'm just waiting to hear back about my student loans. I called the financial aid office today, and they said to give it until Friday. I knew I needed to go ahead and register so I could get the classes I need to take, but now, I'm afraid something is going to happen with my student loans. If something does go wrong with them, I won't be able to go to school this fall.

I'm taking all online classes, and some of them do cost more than others, especially the ones in the regents program, which is what I'm mostly doing this time. No one can give me an exact amount I will be able to get right now, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop something in order to pay for everything.

Plus, I'm hoping not to have to pay out of pocket for anything, especially this semester since we're making payments to the doctor for Ella's delivery, plus paying for my COBRA. If I have to, I'll pay for my books, but I'd really not like to have worry about that expense either.

I am so excited to be able to do this and get my degree, and I don't really want to wait. I want to start now. I'm excited about the classes I'm going to take: Art Appreciation, American People (which is history), Astronomy, Psychology of Personality and Marriage and Family. My major is psychology with my minors being mental health services and family life.

Please keep me in your thoughts and keep your fingers crossed that I'll be able to get enough to cover my tuition and my books and maybe even enough for a new computer, which will help with me taking everything online.

3 comments:

Mirna said...

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Anonymous said...

I think it may be your birthday today! If it is... Happy Birthday! I got an e-mail from one of the sites we both belong to.

Violet said...

I'm catching up on your blog after a few months of not... It sounds like you have had a lot going on. How is school going? What school did you end up selecting?