My template

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally

Eight long years ago, when George W. Bush took the oath of office, I was not very happy. I did not believe he held the right to have that position, as I believed (and still do believe) that it rightfully belonged to Al Gore, Jr., the man I supported in the 2000 election. When he took the office again in 2004, I wondered how the American people could be so stupid as to elect that man again. I cried when he won again, and I cried when he took the office.

In those eight years, he has only proven what I knew in the beginning. I questioned his intelligence at every turn, and he only showed me and most of my fellow Democrats how low is IQ was. The latest thing he did was sign into effect a law that would allow hospitals and doctors to not perform procedures they felt was morally wrong, including abortion and prescribing birth control and the morning after pill.

Sound familiar? This kind of law is the one that exists in Tennessee, the very law that kept me from making healthcare decisions for myself and for my very sick, unborn child. A man I never supported in the first place signed this law into effect for the whole country. I shudder to think every state in the union will go toward what Tennessee has, not allowing abortions in a situation like mine.

Hopefully, President Obama will overturn this law. I want it gone, yesterday. However, I am still eternally grateful President Obama won (I've supported him since I saw him speak at the Democratic National Convention in 2004), and I don't believe it is humanly possible to be any happier than I am that Bush is out of office.

So, it is finally over. Bush's "reign of terror" is over. It's the end of an "error," and no that's not a typo, it's exactly how I feel about Bush's entire presidency and the fact he was allowed to take office in the first place. I actually feel like doing a dance to celebrate.

No comments: