I still can't believe I'm a cliche, getting pregnant on a break. We were with Tessa, too, because we got pregnant on vacation. Maybe that's a good sign things will work out this time.
I called Dr. McGowen today and talked to Amy, her nurse. They are the sweetest people ever. She told me she was going to check with Maternal-Fetal Medical Associates (the high risk doctors) to see if they wanted me to come in now or wait until 12 or 13 weeks.
She called me later and said they want to see me sooner rather than later. They told her we have many options this time, and we can do something early. I'm anxious to hear what the options are and what the risks are, but I would like to find out early on if something is wrong. Even though statistics are in our favor, I just don't trust them anymore. They were in our favor last time, too, and we still got a diagnosis of Trisomy 18.
Amy said she was going to try to get both my first appointment with Dr. McGowen and the specialists on the same day, but she couldn't. I go in on Friday for my confirmation appointment with Dr. McGowen and the next Friday to the specialists. I'm a little nervous about that. The last time I was there was the day we found out Jenna had died.
She also told me my due date is Nov. 28 but that is by my last menstrual period, and I don't have a 28-day cycle. I'm going to go with that for now.
I haven't told anyone in real life yet. I'm kind of scared to. I'm definately not telling Tessa for a while longer. I think I might wait until we get some test results. I don't know whether to wait or not.
Living Room with Fireplace Design Ideas
2 years ago