My template

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pregnancy Television Shows

When I was pregnant with T, I watched all of the pregnancy shows on television, including a Baby Story and Special Delivery. If it had to do with pregnancy and birth, I was all over it.

After she was born, I stopped watching them. I think part of it was that I was jealous because I didn't think I would ever have another baby. Besides that, I didn't have any need of it.

But, now that I'm pregnant again, I find myself suddenly interested in these shows again. I haven't had a chance to watch A Baby Story, but I am watching Special Delivery. My favorite new show is Deliver Me, about group of ob/gyns.

It is about three female doctors who practice together, but who are also friends. I love these women. I feel like I could be friends with them and be so comfortable with one of them as my doctor, kind of like I felt about Dr. LaRoche, the doctor I saw while I was pregnant with Tessa and trying to get pregnant with this little one. She doesn't deliver babies anymore, so I went with someone from her old practice. Dr. McGowen is wonderful, but I'm not too used to her yet. I'm very hard on doctors.

Anyway, I know I would love to have these women as my doctors. It's a great show. I actually think I would probably like it even if I weren't pregnant, which is saying a lot because these shows used to bother me so bad. Check it out if you haven't.

No comments: