My template

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One baby? Two babies?

I had my ultrasound today. B couldn't go so I asked my mom, too. She hasn't been too excited about the whole thing due to my tramatic experience with T, so I thought this might be helpful.

The ultrasound tech was the same one who did my ultrasounds when I was pregnant with T. She did an abdominal ultrasound first, but she couldn't really tell anything. She then did the transvaginal part of it. Does anyone else think the ultrasound wand for that looks like a futuristic BOB (battery operated boyfriend)?

Anyway, she moved it around and found my ovaries. Then, she looked at my uterus and saw the fibroid tumor. She said it shouldn't hurt anything at all. Then, we moved on to the baby, just baby, singular. There is only one.

S/he measured at 10 weeks, but she said it could be off by plus or minus five days, which is about right. The heart rate was 176 beats per minute. Everything looked really good. Here's a picture of the baby, but it's really hard to see anything at this point.

Photobucket

No comments: