My template

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Poor Tessa

We went back to the doctor today about her medicine and her incontinence issues. Her test results for her bloodwork, urinalysis and x-rays to check for constipation all came back normal. They are working on getting her an appointment with a urologist at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, which is wonderful for me. It's the best hospital in the area.

We switched her medicine to Focaline. One of the reasons we went to this one is because it can be opened and sprinkled on applesauce, making it easier to take. Tessa has had trouble swallowing them. I hope it will help her without making her flat or weepy.

Tessa has had a cough for almost two weeks now. Last week at the doctor, he listened to her lungs and said it wasn't bad and to just give her Robitussin. I did that, but it has gotten worse every day. He was going to give her an antibiotic and then he heard her cough. He listened to her lungs and said she had a touch of bronchitis, and it is causing her to have asthma symptoms.

She is on an inhaler now and has to use it three times a day. I hadn't noticed her wheezing, and she hadn't really mentioned it either. I paid closer attention tonight, and it was bad after she coughed or if she ran. I feel so bad that I didn't notice it sooner. He said the asthma will go away once the bronchitis clears up.

She had a bad coughing fit tonight, and we did the inhaler. She stopped after doing that, but as she was trying to go to sleep, one nostril stopped up and the other started running. I felt so bad for her. I hope she doesn't start running a fever and get really sick. She has had too much going on lately, poor thing.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Tamara, I have followed your stories on the TTC website for a long time. My daughter had kidney reflux (was diagnosed at 6 mos). Once you have the appointment with the urologist, if you have any questions about the test they might schedule (VCUG) or reflux in general let me know. Hope Tessa is doing well on the Focaline. They have had my daughter on Ritalin for almost a year. I'm thinking we are going to have to change it because it's not an all day form and I don't want to deal with her taking meds at school.