My template

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ella

I know I'm doing a lot of updates tonight, but Tessa is in bed early because school starts back tomorrow, so I have a ton of free time tonight.

Ella is a wonderful baby. The only time she cries is if she's hungry, needs to be changed or, very rarely, if she has a tummy ache. She started getting fussy in the evenings when she was about two weeks old, so I switched her to Enfamil Gentlease, and it's been a lifesaver. I was a little worried we would have to do Nutramagin like we did with Tessa, but so far so good.

She sleeps about five hours straight at night, which is really considered sleeping through the night. She'll eat about 10, wake up about 3 to eat and go back to sleep until about 8. That's going to change starting Tuesday since Tessa will be back in school. I hope it doesn't mess it up too much, causing her to stop sleeping through.

When we look at her, she'll copy some of our facial expressions, and the other day, Tessa was talking to her and laughing. Ella smiled back at her. It was so cute. Ella also laughs and smiles in her sleep. A friend of mine says she always heard that means the angels are talking to her. I said that means it was my granny and Jenna sharing secrets with her.

She had her month check-up last week. She had gained up to nine pounds and one ounce and had grown 1.5 inches. Ella drools a lot so I asked the doctor about cutting a tooth, since she already has one already. Sure enough, she's getting another tooth. She told me to use Baby Oragel, so I did. Ella doesn't seem to like it as it makes her drool more.

She's now almost seven weeks old. Her personality is starting to come out a little more. She's very easy-going. The only time she shows her temper is when she is in her car seat which she hates. Tessa didn't sleep through the night until she was about two, and even now, she still has trouble sleeping. She's also always been pretty high-strung and was even as a baby. I think she and Ella are going to be like day and night, but that's fine.

I can see it now. Tessa will be the drama queen, and Ella will be the down to earth one calming her down. That's kind of like me and Brian, to tell the truth. He's the king of drama at times, and I'm the level-headed, easy-going one. I love Tessa for being the drama queen she is, and when Ella gets bigger and shows her personality more, I'll love her for who she is, too.

1 comment:

Bubbles said...

I am so glad everything is going so well. Also I totally agree with you on her smiling while sleeping that Jenna must be sharing secrets with her! ;0)