My template

Monday, November 2, 2009

Passed the non-stress test

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post. Ella passed the non-stress test with flying colors. She's doing great even with the low fluid, blood flow restriction and deteriorating placenta.

My blood pressure is still creeping up. I had to go in today for another ultrasound for them to do a biophysical profile. My fluid level is a little lower at 5, but Ella passed with a eight out of eight. I have to go back on Thursday for another non-stress test.

Today, I also had a check-up. My blood pressure then was 142/96. I knew it was high. My head was killing me, but my swelling is down from last week and didn't have any protein in my urine. We are going to try for a few more days. She checked me, and I am one centimeter dilated. She could also feel Ella's head.

She repeated again today that I won't go past 38 weeks. In fact, if I make it that far, she will induce me. She said I don't need to go any farther than that. But, in her personal opinion, I won't even make it that far. She's predicting we will go in the next week to week in a half.

Brian cleaned the baby's room today. He scrubbed down the walls and the carpet. Now, he has to go shopping. I need preemie clothes because Ella will be little, a few baby washclothes, a few baby towels, some more blankets, some preemie size gowns and newborn gowns, too, a swaddle blanket and a swing. Brian is planning to go shopping for all of that later this week.

I am feeling all right. My head aches a lot but Tylenol helps. My cousin and his wife stopped by tonight to deliver a present, and I felt so bad because the house is not company ready right now. Brian is doing his best, but he just isn't the world's greatest housekeeper. I don't like having people over unless the house is spotless, but if they can't understand, they aren't worth worrying about. I think they do though.

2 comments:

Radar's Mom said...

Tick tock.... holding my breath! Just hang in there... you're doing great! I can't wait to see those first pictures.

Reese said...

Keep us updated! Want to hear about the safe arrival of that sweet girl!

XOXO---Reese