My template

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Update on my sister

My sister and her husband were all set to go to court this past Thursday. Last Saturday night, my mom's phone rang around 11 p.m., and it was my sister. She was crying. Momma asked her what was wrong, and Erin said, "I've been a f*cking fool."

Her husband had just been arrested again, this time for making meth out in a field. His bond was set at $250,000, which is a good thing, since no one could come up with the $25,000 it would take to get him out. She told Momma she thought he had stopped making it, but he hadn't. I had hoped this would get her away from him, but the feeling of being a fool didn't last long enough. She told Momma and some other family members she wasn't going to jump into a divorce.

Erin went to court Thursday, and she received two years probation. She also has to pay a fine and do some community service. It is up to her probation officer as to whether she will have to do rehab. I am trying to talk Momma into finding out who it is and calling them and telling them Erin needs it.

Miller is mostly with Momma right now. The trailer Erin and her husband had been living in isn't decent enough for adults to live in, let alone children. The trailer's floor fell in, and they put a huge board over it. The pipes have busted, so they have no water, and the back door doesn't shut all by itself. Erin told Momma she didn't want to stay there, but even though Momma told her to stay with them, she wouldn't do it. When her husband was arrested, they were in the process of getting an apartment that would go by income. I guess that's out now.

She texted Brian tonight and asked him if he would use his debit card to put some minutes on her phone so her husband could call collect from jail. Instead of him texting her back, I did it. I told her that I would help her out in any other way I could, but I just couldn't help her talk to him. It made her mad, but I can't help it. I will not help her be with him.

So, keep us in your thoughts. I am so hoping she soon finds her mind, goes to rehab and realizes what all she has thrown away for a career criminal.

No comments: