My template

Monday, May 10, 2010

Seven years ago

Seven years ago at this time, I was on my way to the hospital, in labor with Tessa. It wasn't the easiest night of my life. In fact, my labor with her was scary and difficult and made me wonder if I ever wanted to do it again, but it brought me one of the best moments of my entire life.

When they placed her in my arms the first time, I sang You Are My Sunshine to Her. I cried. So did Brian and my sister who was in the room with me. She was beautiful, all five pounds, seven ounces of her.

She is still beautiful. Spunky, high-spirited, funny, smart, stubborn and so many other descriptors, she is just my girl. She's kind-hearted and sensitive, sometimes too much so. I worry about her feelings a lot. She makes me laugh on a daily basis. Just the other day, I was telling her that I had to take my last final, my statistics one. She wanted to know what sadistics were. I totally laughed out loud about that. She wasn't meaning to be funny, but she was.

My biggest dream in life was to be a mother, and she made that dream come true. I never knew what it was like to love someone that much until she was born. So, tomorrow at 8:48 a.m., she will turn seven. I can't wait to see what the next seven years bring, then the seven years after that and on and on. Happy birthday to my big girl, you are my oldest sunshine (when I tell her about that, she'll know what it means, lol).

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Tessa! I hope you have a awesome day!!!!