My template

Monday, March 22, 2010

March 23, 2009

Last year, I found out I was pregnant with Ella on March 23, 2009. I will never forget it. It was the day after my cousin's 10th birthday party. We went to get her present, and while we were at the store, I bought some maxi pads and had my Clomid refilled. I was that sure I wasn't pregnant.

The next morning, I woke up with heartburn. I never have heartburn in the morning unless I'm pregnant. That was my first clue. By the time I got off work at noon that day, I was exhausted. That was my second clue. I went to Wal-Mart and took a test. When it came up positive, I about fell off the toilet.

I was so happy, but I was scared to death, too. I was so afraid to lose another baby. After all of my time in deadbabyland, I knew about what could happen. Thus started one of the most happy but nervewracking times of my life. I remember going in for the 20 week ultrasound, Tessa and Brian by my side, so scared they would find something wrong. Of course, they didn't. I remember Tessa leaning against the table, praying, "Please be a girl, please be a girl," and she got her wish. We were expecting little Ella Rose.

I felt so bad the last few months of my pregnancy. I don't know now how I ever got through it. I am so lucky my bedrest was only for a month. I especially admire those who have to do it a long time (Jen, I'm thinking of you). Luckily, labor and delivery were much easier than the pregnancy, and when she was placed in my arms, I knew I was looking at someone I was going to love forever, no matter what, just like I do her sister.

It has been a great four months since she's been here. Her big sister is totally in love with her as are her daddy and I. Ella is a wonderful baby, so laid back and happy. I don't know what we did without her. I thought I would share a few pics of both girls.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: