My template

Monday, August 2, 2010

Two years ago

Two years ago today, I sat in the waiting at an abortion clinic, the last place I ever expected to be. Two years ago today, I clutched my worn copy of Harry Potter, reading the Order of the Phoenix as if my life depended on it, and I guess, in some ways, it did.

Two years ago today, I learned more heartache and confusion were ahead for me. I made a vow that day, and again the day Jenna was born, I would do something to make sure no other woman had to go through what I was going through. I honestly haven't made as great of strides in that area, but I am trying.

I think, no, I know, I have changed people's minds about medical termination, and I am proud of that.

1 comment:

roxyttandme said...

First and foremost, I am so sorry for you loss. On 8/14, I had to terminate my daughter Haleigh at 23weeks 5 days. She had something called Amniotic Band Syndrome. You can read my story at blog, Life.After.Haleigh.

I would love to put a link to your blog on mine if you are open to it. I love that you too are open about your story. I just think that it is so important that our stories are told. People have no clue what it is to make such a decision.

Much Love,
Elizabeth, Haleigh's Mom